Part A: Overview
Why do we collect your personal information? STANFIELD'S LIMITED collects personal information for the following limited purposes:
- To address consumer concerns regarding our products and services, including consumers we supply directly through our factory retail outlet;
- For the normal course of our operations of our factory retail outlet;
- To supply products and provide services to our customers and to maintain appropriate accounting, audit, and legal records of our financial and business transaction; and
- To provide information to our customers regarding our products and services.
In addition, from time-to-time, we may contact you requesting additional personal information to assist us in maintaining our contact or mailing lists, or to assist us in providing products and services to you.
We do not sell, barter, trade or give away your personal information to third parties, without your consent and authorization, subject to the requirements of the laws of Nova Scotia and Canada.
How is your personal information maintained? STANFIELD'S LIMITED stores and maintains personal information pursuant to the requirements of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA") and the Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information created and approved by the Canadian Standards Association ("CSA Code").
Part B: Protection of Personal Information
STANFIELD'S LIMITED adheres to the ten principles for the protection of personal information found in PIPEDA and the CSA Code. For an explanation of our policies and procedures relating to the principles set out below, please contact our Privacy Officer (refer to Part C).
(a) developing internal procedures to receive and respond to complaints and inquiries;
(b) training our staff about our policies and practices with respect to personal information; and
(c) developing and distributing information to our staff and to the public outlining our policies and procedures with respect to personal information.
- Identifying Purposes. We are committed to openness to you regarding our collection and use of your personal information. We have outlined the purposes for which we collect and use your personal information above. Should we need to use your personal information for any purpose other than those listed above, we are obligated to seek your consent prior to such new uses.
- Consent. Our Company is committed to ensuring that you are aware of why your personal information is being collected, how your personal information is being used, and for what reason your personal information may be disclosed. To this end, we will use all reasonable efforts to provide information to you on how your personal information will be used by us as well as to obtain your consent, whether express or implied, when you provide us with personal information.
As well, we may periodically request written confirmation from you to ensure that the personal information collected and maintained by us is up-to-date and accurate and that we have your continuing consent to use or retention of your personal information.
STANFIELD'S LIMITED may disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
(a) conform to obligations imposed by law or statutes;
(b) meet an emergency need;
(c) as required pursuant to a criminal investigation; and/or
(d) establish and collect customer debts in Court;
In such circumstances we shall not disclose more information than is necessary.
Please note that you are entitled to withdraw your consent for the retention and use of your personal information at any time, subject to certain requirements of the law. Please contact our Privacy Officer to discuss your options in this regard.
- Limiting Collection. STANFIELD'S LIMITED restricts the collection of personal information only to that information that is necessary for the limited purposes as noted above, or such other purposes as are identified at the time information is collected. We are committed to openness and to collecting personal information in a fair and lawful manner.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention. We do not use your personal information for purposes other than those for which it was originally collected unless we first obtain your consent to do so. We retain your personal information only as long as it is needed.
- Accuracy. STANFIELD'S LIMITED is committed to maintaining accurate, complete, and up-to-date personal information about you. If you are aware of any changes to the personal information you have given us, simply inform us of the changes and we will update our records accordingly. You may review and correct your personal information by contacting our Privacy Officer at the address set out in Part Cbelow.
- Safeguards. STANFIELD'S LIMITED has developed and implemented security mechanisms appropriate to the sensitivity of your personal information being retained by us. These security safeguards include;
(a) physical security measures, such as locked cabinet storage and restricted access to areas where personal information is stored;
(b) internal employee security measures, including restricted computer access, employee confidentiality agreements, and limited access to where personal information is stored; and
(c) technological measures including the use of passwords, fire-walls, and computer-virus protection.
We also ensure that any of our employees who deal with your personal information are properly trained and are aware of the necessary and appropriate measures to protect personal information. We use care in the disposal and destruction of your personal information to prevent any unauthorized parties from gaining access to your personal information.
- Openness. We are committed to making information available to our clients and the general public about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information. We are pleased to answer any questions you may have regarding the collection, use, disclose and maintenance of personal information. Please contact our Privacy Officer in writing or by e-mail to the address set out in Part Cbelow.
- Individual Access. You can request access to your personal information held by us. We reserve the right to confirm the identity of the person seeking access to personal information before complying with any access requests. Please forward your access request to our Privacy Officer at the address set out in Part C below.
Upon formal request, subject to a limited number of exceptions, we will inform you if we have any of your personal information in our care and control, as well as providing you with details of such personal information. In responding to you request, STANFIELD'S LIMITED reserves the right to charge you a small fee.
Where you can demonstrate that an error in the accuracy of completeness of your personal information exists, we will amend your personal information appropriately. When a challenge is not resolved to your satisfaction, then we will, with your consent and subject to the requirements of the laws of Nova Scotia and Canada, destroy your personal information we hold about you, then the reasons for the denial of such access will be provided to you.
Part C: Contact our Privacy Officer / General
Contact Information. Our Privacy Officer may be contacted in writing or by e-mail at the address listed below:
Mail: P.O Box 190, Truro, Nova Scotia B2N 5C2
Security and the Internet. While we take all reasonable measures to keep your information secure, any personal information transmitted over the Internet (e.g., through our web site or via e-mail) may not be secure. As a result, STANFIELD'S LIMITED does not accept liability for loss, misuse, disclosure of alteration of personal information submitted by you to us via the Internet.