Circular Knitting Machine Operator APPLY NOW
Do you pride yourself in being a highly skilled mechanical professional with a solid track record of operating manufacturing production equipment? If so, we may have the ideal opportunity for you! We are looking to welcome a (Contract) Circular Knitting Machine Operator to join our Stanfield’s team of skilled professionals in our Knitting Department.
The primary responsibilities for this role are to meet established production targets producing finished materials through the successful operation of Circular Knitting Machines. The incumbent will ensure the Knitting Manager is informed of the operational status of equipment they operate within the department. They will demonstrate a consistent approach with the objective to reduce and remove unplanned downtime that could negatively impact meeting performance targets. The Circular Knitting Machine Operator/Mechanic must adhere to all Occupational Health and Safety Requirements as per company policy and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Training Period 7:40 am – 4:00 pm Monday to Friday
- Night Shift moving forward: 11:30 pm to 8:00 am
- Master the Operation of assigned Knitting Machines to deliver consistent high quality results • Perform all operations with a safety-first mindset demonstrating working knowledge of hazard identity and accident prevention
- Produce production runs as assigned by management
- Work with creeling machines to meet production demands
- Perform press-offs
Collaboration and Quality Control
- Monitor the quality and performance of machines and inform management of issues immediately • Follow all work procedures and processes consistently eg. Lot Changes
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by and in accordance with all applicable Health and Safety company policies and government legislation/regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Education and Experience
- Highschool or college diploma or equivalent experience.
- Operational experience within a manufacturing and production setting.
- Experience managing under time constraints without direct supervision.
- Proven mechanical aptitude
- Effective critical thinker with proven problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated solid organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work within a fast-paced environment, and prioritize conflicting demands. • Basic English reading skills as well as oral and written skills.
- Travel Requirements: None
- Physical Environment: 100% Plant
- Physical Demand: Moderate to High Intensity. Walking, sitting, lifting up to 50lbs regularly. Visual accuracy and focused attention to tasks
- Mental Effort: Moderate intensity with occasional higher levels of mental effort.
|||Stanfield’s, 1 Logan Street, Truro NS|||Knitting Department||||||Nnh0z.Qaw4SV.62z|||CONTRACTOR|||CAD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false