We are looking for a skilled and highly motivated individual to become part of the team that produces our legendary quality Canadian made products. Do you consider yourself a stickler for producing quality work with a positive attitude that says “I got this!”
We are looking for an engaging individual with experience in Inspecting finished products within a manufacturing environment. The Sewing Inspector ensures products meet established standards. If you have the aptitude and attitude necessary to learn new skills to proudly deliver consistent quality results, we may have the ideal opportunity for you!
The primary responsibility for this role is to inspect finished garments ensuring that only the highest quality products are packaged and sent to stock. The Sewing Inspector must familiarize themself with established standards and the inspection process. They are integral to ensuring the operations consistently meet production deadlines. They must adhere to all Sewing Inspector Procedures and Policies, including Occupational Health and Safety requirements as per company policy and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- 7:00 am – 3:30 pm Monday to Friday
Operational Performance and Production
- Establish solid working knowledge of inspection procedures
- 100% inspection of garments
- Trimming all thread
- Folding and packaging the garments
- Ensuring correct number of garments are in each box
- Measuring garments to ensure they meet the specifications provided
- Demonstrates respect and professionalism in the workplace in the course of daily activities
Education, Skills and Experience
- Highschool Diploma
- Quality Inspection within a manufacturing setting preferred
- Experience working within a production environment
- Basic English is needed to read, speak and write.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and work within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to distinguish between all colours with a strong attention to detail for quality control purposes
- Exceptional hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity
- Proven ability to work independently and in teams within a large and diverse production environment
- Travel Requirements: None
- Physical Environment: 100% Plant
- Physical Demand: Low to Moderate to Intensity. Standing for extended periods of time, lifting up to 20lbs regularly. Occasional lifting between 30 to 40 lbs. Visual accuracy and focused attention to tasks. Daily requirement to climb and descend 6 flights of stairs (72 steps).
- Mental Effort: Low intensity with occasional higher levels of mental effort.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process
- Remote and/or onsite interview process.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required for attending onsite.
- Social distancing and COVID pre-screening guidelines are in place.
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures are in place.
|||Stanfield’s, 1 Logan Street, Truro NS|||||||||NmjoYng.EgAwNKia|||FULL_TIME|||CAD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false