Stanfield’s Limited Truro
Stanfield’s Limited is a leading Canadian garment manufacturer known for being fashion forward, technologically advanced, and for keeping the majority of their production here in Canada. Located in beautiful Truro, Stanfield’s remains a leader in their field by taking pride in their products and their ability to adapt and stay ahead of the consumer market. We are currently looking for :
Director of Sourcing
Stanfield’s is one of the last few remaining “made in Canada” textile brands. We are based in Truro, NS and employ 250 people. We have been bringing our product to market since 1856. Known primarily as an underwear company we have a few other things in play – Stanfield’s Heritage clothing, Elita intimates, technical FR clothing and LifeLiners firehoods. We are a fully integrated manufacturer, and as such, we continue to knit, dye, cut and sew here in our Truro location. Striving hard to meet growing demand, we have strategically chosen to source some of that demand externally with international imports and domestic co-manufacturing. This is where you come in.
As the Director of Sourcing you will be responsible for establishing, building and maintaining a strong sourcing and finished goods importing program for an iconic Canadian apparel company. As markets change and evolve we will need to change with them and seek out new relationships and opportunities with suppliers and manufacturing partners to bring the best quality products to our customers at competitive prices. This is where you will come in. You have experience, and are comfortable, working internationally and domestically with a wide variety of suppliers and manufacturers. You know how to negotiate solid contracts and understand how the international apparel and textile market works. Frequent travel does not bother you, and you understand the importance of building solid and long lasting relationships.
- Identify and develop domestic and international co-manufacturing and import supply options for finished goods and some key raw materials
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing production facilities overseas and domestically. Work with them to manage performance, and quality and ensure they have clear expectations.
- Work with and support the purchasing and product development team in Truro, NS.
- Work closely with the manufacturing and sales team in Truro to ensure commitments are met in full and in a timely manner.
- Pro-actively monitor and manage changing trends in the industry and make decisions to maximize profitability and quality.
- Set clear expectations for our supply partners and hold them accountable.
The Ideal Candidate will have the following:
- Experience sourcing internationally and dealing with international manufacturers and suppliers.
- Strong negotiating skills and business acumen to clearly understand the implications of decisions on the business and operations.
- Technical knowledge of various yarns, fabrics, finishing processes and garment construction.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a related field would be considered an asset.
- 10+ year’s relevant experience in sourcing, development, quality and production internationally.
- Ability to communicate across multiple cultural and experience levels, internal and external.
- Proven leadership skills and communication skills are a must.
- Strong computer skills in Excel, Word and ability to learn new systems.
- Strong working knowledge of custom compliances and logistics.
- Ability to travel overseas (travel approximately 30 % - 40 % of the time)
For more information and to submit your resume please contact Angela Preyde email@example.com
Sewing Machine Mechanic Lead
This role prepares, installs and services all industrial sewing machines and related equipment. Therefore, the most important qualification for this position is expertise related to technical and mechanical repair and mechanical aptitude. Some on the job training will be provided. Sewing machines vary in the ways that they should be repaired so a broad knowledge of how they work is a definite asset. Repairs on the machines will be needed but routine maintenance will be essential to ensure the longevity of the equipment.
Problem solving skills are important in this role. These problem solving skills are necessary in a lot of cases in order to identify the problem. Much of the repair work will be done independently so it is important to be able to do so. Much of the repair work is done under production time constraints so the candidate must be capable of working under tight timelines.
Communication skills are important as the mechanic lead and mechanics will have to work well with the sewing machine operators.
Mechanics may have to do some heavy lifting when completing repairs. They may have to assist other mechanics in this task.
Dexterity is needed.
The lead will have to be able to train and instruct new and existing mechanics. They will be responsible for reviewing the maintenance logs for each machine and sewing area and use this information to determine several things, including: when new machines are needed, when new parts are needed, or help to identify if we have a mechanic or operator that is not using the machine properly thus maybe causing the breakdown. They will also be responsible for evaluating the mechanics work and directing the order of work priorities. They are also responsible for managing their sewing machine inventory and parts inventory as well as tool inventory.
If you feel that you have all of these skills, please submit a letter of interest outlining these skills along with your resume to:Angela Preyde - firstname.lastname@example.org by October 26th, 2018.
Sewing Machine Operators
Stanfield’s Limited it looking for people to join our Sewing Production team. Sewing experience is an asset; however, we do provide on the job training. We are looking to train people on various sewing machines to produce garments such as: Men’s Briefs, Ladies’ Underwear, T-Shirts, Fire Hoods and Winter Underwear. Operators may be trained on sewing machines such as: Flatlock Machine, Hemmer, Serger, Tacker, Button Hole and Button Sew, Coverstitch among others.
The ideal candidate:
- Takes pride in making a good quality product while still meeting production deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must have good hand-eye coordination.
- Must be able to sit for full work shift each day.
- Must have manual dexterity.
- Must be able to work in a Fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to distinguish between all colors.
Reports to: Sewing Production Manager
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 7:40 am to 4:00 pm
Education and Training:
- High School Diploma is required.
- Sewing experience is an asset.
For more information and to submit your resume please contact Angela Preyde – email@example.com