Sewing Machine Operator APPLY NOW
We are looking for a few skilled and highly motivated individuals to become part of the team that produces our legendary quality Canadian Made products. Do you consider yourself a stickler for producing quality work with a positive attitude that says “I got this!” We are looking for engaging individuals that have sewing experience, have the aptitude and attitude necessary to learn new skills to proudly deliver consistent quality results. If this describes you, we may have the ideal opportunity!
This role requires 8.5-hour shifts, scheduled from 7:00AM to 3:30PM Monday to Friday.
Position Summary: The primary responsibilities for this role are to produce quality products using skills on a range of production sewing equipment, while meeting production deadlines and output set by their Manager/Supervisor. Sewing Machine Operators are responsible for learning and mastering sewing techniques to assemble garments or other articles into finished products on a piece work production basis. They must adhere to all Sewing Production Procedures and Policies, including Occupational Health and Safety requirements as per company policy and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Operational Performance and Production
- Assemble pieces of garments.
- Operate single, double or multi-needle serging, flatlock felling, banding and other sewing machines, to join sections of garments or other articles into finished products on a piece-work or production basis.
- Operate serging machines to sew and overcast edges of material simultaneously.
- Operate tackers, pocketsetters, buttonhole makers and fusing, hemmer and other machines to perform various operations in the fabrication of garments and other articles
- Examine garments and operate sewing machines, sergers and other machines to repair garments and other articles during the manufacturing process.
- Complete production reports.
- May perform minor maintenance and repairs on sewing machine.
- Cleaning machine and changing needles.
- Deliver quality products through focused performance of the work they individually produce.
- Monitor the quality and set up of each machine the operator is using and inform management of any issues with the equipment.
- Track and report individual production as required.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, being respectful and considerate of all team members.
- Abide by all applicable Health and Safety company policies and government legislation/regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Education and Experience:
Skills of the ideal Candidate
- Sewing Machine Operator experience is preferred but not essential as we will provide on the job training on a range of machines and operations
- Basic English is needed to read, speak and write.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and work within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to distinguish between all colours with a strong attention to detail for quality control purposes
- Exceptional hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity in the operation of sewing equipment
- Proven ability to work independently and in teams within a large and diverse production environment
- Travel Requirements: None
- Physical Environment: 100% Plant
- Physical Demand: Low to Moderate to Intensity. Sitting for extended periods of time, lifting up to 5lbs regularly. Visual accuracy and focused attention to tasks. Daily requirement to climb and descend 6 flights of stairs (72 steps).
- Mental Effort: Moderate intensity with occasional higher levels of mental effort.
All applicants must submit a current resume with a cover letter that outlines your skills, qualifications and experience to email@example.com. While we appreciate all interest, we will only connect with candidates under consideration.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process
- Remote and/or onsite interview process.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required for attending onsite.
- Social distancing and COVID pre-screening guidelines are in place.
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures are in place.
|||Stanfield’s, 1 Logan Street, Truro NS|||||||||ZVu-nxx5jUFe_2_d|||FULL_TIME|||CAD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false